If you have been convicted of a methamphetamine crime and have tried and failed to overturn your conviction on appeal, you may think that this means you have no choice but to accept your conviction and serve your sentence. However, that's not true...
California Habeas Petition? Under California law, a suspect may file a Habeas Corpus petition under certain defined conditions.
Common grounds for habeas petitions include:
- Unconstitutional criminal law
- Ineffective assistance of defense counsel (or no counsel provided)
- Prosecutorial misconduct
- Incompetency during trial
- Discovery of new (convincingly exonerating evidence)
- Changes in the law
- Certain convictions of battered women
- Prison conditions
Need More Information?? If you would like more information about Writs of Habeas Corpus or about how the Writ might apply in your specific case, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Depending on your situation, you might be facing a deadline within which to seek help. Don’t wait and risk jeopardizing your Constitutional rights.